Complete guide on Avast SecureLine VPN Review. Using a VPN will enhance your online privacy and safety, offering protection not just from hackers but also from hiding your activities from network service providers and the government. The software will encrypt your data and mask your place to protect against any potential intruders.
In this article, we will review Avast SecureLine, which has earned high ratings from online users. Here you will know concerning the Features, Pros, Cons, and Pricing plans of the software. After reading this, you will acknowledge whether the VPN software provides value for your money or not.
Avast Secureline VPN Review
Launched in 2014, Avast SecureLine is one of the best-rated VPNs available online. The online tool is made by Avast and is generally known for creating anti-virus software. What sets Avast SecureLine apart from others is its large number of server locations and above-average performance.
The software is simple to set up, and the interface of the software is user-friendly. Moreover, the software is competitively priced by presenting it as affordable for most users.
Avast SecureLine consists of 54 servers located in 35 countries throughout the world. The servers are placed in the US, The UK, Japan, China, Singapore, and The Netherlands. Most people will see the number of servers and locations as more than enough to meet their requirements.
Note that you can utilize the VPN on up to five different devices at the same time. But unlike some different VPNs, you cannot use the same account for multiple devices.
Avast SecureLine gives the highest level of security supporting 256 bit AES encryption. Moreover, the software prevents WebRTC and DNS leaks that can show your data to online criminals while browsing online. As a result, you can rest assured that you will be protected against hack attacks while using the VPN for browsing the net.
Users have reported fairly average speeds of up to 72Mpbs for the European servers. However, theUS speeds were reported to be a little lower at 37.2 Mbps. This is a highly acceptable speed for most browsing activities. You will be capable to view high-quality content from Shudder, Netflix, and other popular streaming services.
However, the app was not ready to pass VPN detection of some sites, notably Channel 4.
The users have reported the above benchmark speeds. The real internet connection speed may vary. The company continually optimizes the server speeds so that the most advanced speeds may be higher than the speed mentioned above.
The company also invests in developing its servers, so you can rest assured that the servers won’t be inaccessible due to maximum extent.
People who download the content from torrent sites will be satisfied to know that the site does support torrenting on some services.
Peer-to-peer support is given through data centers in the following countries.
- Miami, Florida.
- New York City, New York.
- Seattle, Washington.
- Paris, France.
- London, United Kingdom.
- Frankfurt, Germany.
- Prague, Czech Republic.
Avast SecureLine has a user-friendly interface. The interface of the app intuitively occurs in a pleasant user experience in using the app. The interface of the software might be familiar for users who use the Avast anti-virus software.
Video Streaming HD
You can utilize Avast SecureLine VPN for streamlining videos. The software supports the User Datagram Protocol (UDP), which allows fast streaming. You can view videos without any lag while using the VPN with streaming sites.
Related AVAST Products And Services
- Avast Anti-Virus: The anti-virus software gives real-time protection against viruses, ransomware, malware, and other online threats. The software can also identify weaknesses in the Wi-Fi and local networks. Moreover, it exposes online attackers by enabling you to take appropriate protection measures. You can lock all your passwords in a secure vault and access the sites with a single click.
- Cleanup Premium: The app will free up disk space by eliminating unwanted and junk files. Using the app can speed up your computer.
- Driver Updater: The app automatically updates the drivers to guarantee that your system has the latest drivers.
- Internet Security: The software allows all the features of Avast anti-virus with additional internet protections. This app can detect fake sites, thereby preventing identity theft. Moreover, the app can block suspicious apps and prevent hackers from entering your system with an advanced firewall. Other features of the app include block junk & phishing emails and protect files & photos through advanced ransomware security.
- Password Manager: Password manager enables you to save all passwords in a secure vault. This stops hackers from accessing your stored passwords.
- Premier: The app has all the features of Internet Security plus allows advanced webcam spying protection. The app also shreds sensitive files, thereby preventing anyone from recovering the files. It also automatically updates all apps to guarantee that they are patched with the latest security updates.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate answer has all Premier & adds Cleanup Premium, Password manager, and Avast SecureLine packages.
- Anti-Tracker: The anti-tracker features enable you to browse the net anonymously. However, note that the server’s IP address, bandwidth speed, and connection time are logged. So, the app does not provide complete anonymity while browsing the net.
- Secure Browser: Secure browser protects you from reaching dangerous websites. You will be protected against phishing sites that attempt to steal confidential information from users through fake websites.
- Security for Mac: The package gives website & email protection, anti-malware, Wi-Fi security scan, intruder alert, and ransomware shield.
- Password Manager
- Mobile Security: Free internet security software for Android and iOS users. The package consists of anti-virus, privacy protection, remote tracking, storage space cleaner, and memory-booster.
- Password Manager
- Smart Home Security
Why Buy This Product?
Avast SecureLine VPN has one of the most simple-to-use interfaces. The barebones features will keep your time in configuring the software. You won’t have to research the tech words to find out how to use the software.
The software offers the most basic and simple-to-configure interface by providing you to select the servers from a drop-down menu and automatically selecting the language.
Installing the software is simple as well. To use the software, you have to download, install, launch, and enter the activation code that is emailed to you. Installing and configuring the software will take only a couple of minutes.
Another big thing about Avast SecureLine VPN is that the software won’t take a lot of space on your PC or mobile device. Moreover, the app won’t utilize a lot of memory, resulting in a minimum impact on the device’s performance while using the VPN to browse.
Benefits Of Avast SecureLine
- Easy-to-use interface
- Small File Size
- Good privacy protection
- P2P support
- Multiple device support
Drawbacks Of Avast VPN
One con of Avast SecureLine VPN is that the app does not support a lot of servers. In comparison, PIA and NordVPN are valued less support over 3,000 servers. As a result, the software does not provide optimum value for money when compared with the competitors.
While the app does not log browsing features, it does keep connection logs. The company policy states that the IP address used and time stamp will be recorded when the users connect and disconnect to the VPN.
Moreover, the app will also record the data uploaded and downloaded during a session. This might be a drawback for people who need complete privacy while browsing the net. The company states that the bandwidth and connection are logged to prevent misuse by users.
The extra drawback of Avast SecureLine VPN is that customer support is less than ideal. Customers have complained that they are asked to go to the forums to resolve queries. However, the forum is heavily focused on anti-virus with little content related to the VPN software. There is no online chat option that is becoming the norm.
Many customers have also complained that the software does not support advanced features such as kill switch. This feature provides you to drop all network connections in case the VPN fails unexpectedly. The feature is essential if you need to remain completely anonymous.
Cons Of Avast SecureLine: A Quick Glance
- Not a large number of servers when compared to its competitors
- Keeps connection logs
- Poor customer service support
- No advanced features
Avast worked to be one of the most expensive VPNs when launched. However, the company’s prices have remained largely the same, while those of the competitors have increased. This makes it competitively rated and affordable for most users.
Android and iOS VPN pricing is exceptionally affordable, costing less than $20 per year.
A seven-day free trial is also offered to enable you to test the software. The trial feature will allow you to test the software’s functionality and performance to know whether it meets the mark.
Is Avast SecureLine VPN safe?
Security: Is Avast SecureLine VPN Safe? Avast SecureLine VPN preserves your privacy with bank-grade encryption and DNS/IPv6 leak protection. The app also has an automatic kill switch that is turned on by default. You can instantly on in the app’s Network Security settings menu.
What is Avast SecureLine VPN, and do I need it?
Avast SecureLine VPN is a basic VPN service that operates with other Avast security products, like its anti-virus and internet security tools. A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, keeps your details protected at home, at your place of business, or when you’re traveling.
Does Avast VPN slow down Internet?
However, you could be facing one major obstacle that is quite common among users of both Avast VPN and some other different VPN service gives. Of course, this problem causes your internet browsing to be a much slower experience than it usually would be.
The highlight of Avast SecureLine is ease-of-use that makes it great for new users. The believed brand name will also assure most users.
However, advanced users may get the barebones app to be a little restrictive. The VPN allows minimal privacy and security protection. There is no kill switch, protocols, or custom leak protection that would result in optimum privacy protection.
The app is excellent for watching bound videos or connecting securely to public Wi-Fi. But if you want a VPN that will ensure complete anonymity when browsing the net, then you should look elsewhere.