Wants to know how to report someone on discord? Discord is an excellent way to interact through voice and text chat with your gaming pals for free, but there will occasionally be times when someone says something in the conversation that violates the guidelines.
Depending on the severity of the message, you may decide to report the user directly to Discord so disciplinary action can be taken. However, it’s not as simple as it may appear at first glance.
How to Report Someone on Discord on the iPhone App
Reporting a user on Discord is a straightforward process on iPhones, and different iOS devices, such as iPads. It’s simpler to report someone in this manner than on a desktop computer, where you require to enter specific ID codes.
Thankfully, iPhones make it simple. However, the truth that the process is so quick doesn’t mean we should report any message we disagree with. It’s suggested you make sure the specific user is breaking Discord’s rules.
Also, remember that you can only report an existing message. If it’s been removed, you can’t report it anymore. That’s why it’s essential to keep all your notes, even if they’re hurtful until the problem is resolved.
When you’re sure you want to report a user and their message, here are the steps to follow:
- Locate the message you wish to report.
- Tap the top of the message and hold.
- From the pop-up menu, choose the Report option at the bottom.
And that’s all!
If this method doesn’t work, you can try allowing the Developer Mode and reporting the user via their ID. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- Open the Discord app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the gear icon. It will open your User Settings tab. (You can also choose your profile photo on the side to access this menu).
- Locate Appearance and tap it.
- Select ‘Advanced.’
- Find the Developer Mode and slide the toggle to ON.
- Now, get the required IDs to report the user – their ID and the message ID. To get the user’s ID, open their profile, and tap on the three-dot icon on the top right corner and pick Copy ID from the options. To copy the message ID, locate the message you require to report, tap and hold, and then select Copy Message Link from the list.
- Note: Don’t forget to paste the first ID someplace so that you can copy it later. The second ID you copy will overwrite it if you don’t paste it someplace first. For instance, you can use the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Once you’ve collected the IDs, go to the Discord Trust & Safety center and file your report so the Discord team can evaluate it. Provide the copied IDs and a short explanation of the issue in the Description box on this screen.
How to Report a User on Discord on the Android App
Reporting a user on the Android app works in a similar way.
- Launch the Discord app on your phone or tablet.
- Open the user settings – tap your profile image or the gear icon to access this menu.
- Scroll to find the App Settings tab and tap to open.
- From the new screen, choose ‘Behavior.’
- Under ‘Chat Behavior,’ you’ll see the ‘Developer Mode’ option so move the toggle to turn it on.
- Once you’ve enabled the Developer Mode, find the message you want to report and its author. Touch the user’s image to open their profile and copy their ID.
- Copy the message ID. Tap and hold the message and then choose Share.
- Select Copy to clipboard.
- Proceed to paste these IDs into the Description box in the Trust and Safety center and describing your issue.
After you submit your report, the Discord team will tackle it as soon as possible.
Of course, as there are moderators for each server in which you participate in discussions, you can always report hate speech or a related issue to them either. Some queries can be resolved by talking to a user who’s written something that doesn’t align with the guidelines just because they were angry.
But in more severe cases of a rule violation, you can always go for the official report to the Trust and Safety team.
How to Report a User on Discord on the Windows App
Are you using Discord on your computer? Here’s how you can report a user on the Windows app.
- Open Discord on your computer. If you’re not logged in, do so now.
- You’ll see the gear icon at the bottom of the screen; select it to open Settings.
- Select the Appearance option from the menu you see on the left.
- If you don’t see it immediately, scroll down to the Advanced section, locate the Developer Mode and switch the toggle to enable it.
Once you’ve finished doing this, you need to get the necessary IDs to report the user.
- Go to the message you believe violates the Discord guidelines.
- Right-click on the person’s username and then click on the Copy ID option from the list.
- Paste the ID someplace you can quickly grab it from later.
- Now click on the three-dot icon you’ll see while hovering over the message you want to report. Choose ‘Copy Message Link.’
Now you’re ready to report the user to the Trust and Safety team. If there isn’t a particular message you want to report, but only the user and his behavior in general, you won’t need the message ID. In that state, you can skip the last set of instructions.
Along with the IDs, you’ll need to provide your email address and briefly explain why you’re reporting this person. When you’re done, click on Submit, and that’s it.
If you want to know what happens with your report, check your mail inbox regularly because that’s where you’ll receive your reply.
How to Report a User on Discord on the Mac App
If you have a Mac computer, you’ll discover that reporting a user on Discord works in the same way as Windows PCs.
All you need to do is:
- Open the Discord app on your Mac.
- Select the User Settings by clicking the gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
- From the left sidebar, choose Appearance and then scroll to the Advanced tab.
- The first option is Developer Mode, so click the toggle to set it to ON.
- Once you’ve done this, you’re ready to get the IDs you’ll need to paste into your report.
- Right-click the username of the person you want to report and paste their ID to a safe place. Do the same with their message – hit the three-dot icon you’ll see when you hover the cursor over the message and get its link.
- Paste the two IDs into your report and add a short explanation to the Description box. When you’re done, hit on Submit, and you’re done.